So now I’m trying with BloGTK.
- Has a GUI for text alignment
- Supports category selection for post (but see below)
- Not so good
- Does not support WordPress natively
- Does not support multiple categories per post
- No HTML highlighting in posts
- No inline spell-checking
So, between Drivel & BloGTK, Drivel edges out to the first, but it is still far from being a complete solution. Does anyone else have suggestions for free software solutions to desktop clients for blogging software, specifically WordPress? Thanks!
Note: In both cases (Drivel & BloGTK) I had to do some HTML clean-up inside of WordPress. I also accidentally selected “Astronomy” as my category for the post with BloGTK – I actually didn’t selected any category, and that is the first one in the list. I’ll take the blame for that.